2023 DOVIA Sacramento
Directors of Volunteers in Agencies (DOVIA) Sacramento invites you to submit nominations for our three annual recognition awards: Youth Volunteer of the Year, Individual Volunteer of the Year and Volunteer Manager of the Year.
Youth Volunteer of the Year
This award goes to a youth volunteer under age 21 who has contributed a minimum of 25 hours of service between January 2022 and December 2022. The winner receives a $500 Margaret Einspahr Memorial Award.
Individual Volunteer of the Year
This award goes to a volunteer over the age of 21 who has contributed a minimum of 25 hours of service between January 2022 and December 2022. The winner receives a $100 award to their organization.
Volunteer Manager of the Year
This award goes to a volunteer manager (paid or unpaid). The winner receives a $100 award to their organization in addition to a one year complementary DOVIA Sacramento organization membership.
Nominate here by April 14, 2023
Nominees will be contacted by DOVIA shortly after the nomination due date of April 14, 2023.
- Agency where the individual volunteered or is a volunteer manager is a charitable, nonprofit or public organization between January 2022 and December 2022.
- All nominee volunteer organizations must provide service for the community at large.
- Groups providing members-only services are not eligible.
- Service organizations must endorse nominations.
- Volunteer service may have been performed on work release time, without pay or for student course credit. Out of pocket expense reimbursement is permissible.
- Volunteer service must have been performed in Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, Sutter, or Yuba Counties.
- Current DOVIA board members are not eligible for the Volunteer Manager of the Year award.
- Nominated service work must have been performed between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022.
- Past winners of the three awards are not eligible to win.
A panel of community leaders, independent of DOVIA board of directors and members, reviews each nomination and chooses a winner in each category.
DOVIA will introduce and honor all nominees and announce the winners with an awards ceremony on May 18, 2023 from 4-6 pm at the Eskaton Village Carmichael, 3939 Walnut Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608. We encourage all nominees and nominators to attend on this special day. Please register for the free Awards Ceremony
Step 1 - Required
Complete and submit nomination form(s) by Friday, April 14, 2023,
5 pm Pacific, including a photo of each nominee. Click here for nomination form.
Step 2 - Optional
Submit a 30 second video explaining why your nominee(s) deserves to be honored OR of your nominee(s) in action. Pictures and videos will be used for promotional purposes including but not limited to the Awards Ceremony in May, on our website, and on our social media accounts. You can upload the file at the bottom of our form or send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: (916) 334-1072, ext. 3